Friday, May 9, 2008

May 9th

Snow and cold, again. Well, if I was looking for some trout today, either North,South,East or West, here would be my best shots for today and the week end. With the big rivers blown from run off I hear the tailwaters are fishing well.

North: I would head to the Missouri River near Wolf Creek to Craig where the baetis should be good today with this cold and snow and the fish are really on scuds both olive and grey size 18, midge pupa red and black, copper johns size 18 in copper and red.

South: I'd go above Taylor's Fork on the Gallatin and throw eggs and small bead heads or hit the Madison between the lakes.

East: I'd look at the Big Horn. The rumors are that it's on fire.

West: I would try the Ruby. Sorry, I can't be more specific but the cable guy is here and wants to cut me off. I'll be on the Smith for the next five days a report to follow.
Later,
Rod

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home