Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Excursion

Every year I like to get out for a weekend and strictly relax. This year I decided to do that on Labor day with a couple friends of mine, so we hit up a small tributary of the Gallatin. On our trip I was the only person to fish, and from what it seemed I was about the only one on the stream as well!

Photobucket

I took a friend fly fishing at the same location a couple weeks ago and had huge success on a Royal Wulff for decent size brookies and cutthroat. However once I'd lost all of my Wulff's to the bushes I decided to try one of my favorite small stream flies, the Peacock Parachute Caddis. This fly proved equally successful as the Wulff providing an awesome day fishing.

During the time I tried fishing several unsuspecting runs that were very shallow plus the usual deep pools that hold fish. The runs really surprised me as they held just as many fish as the pools did and often the larger of the trout were rising to small caddis that were hatching (size 16 or so)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home